A pair of George III and George IV sterling silver chambersticks, Sheffield 1814/27 by James Kirkby, Waterhouse & Co and Waterhouse, Hodson & Co respectively
Each of shaped circular form with C scroll and acanthus bases, acanthus capped strap handles with removable conical extinguishers. The central section with wick trimmer opening and detachable acanthus scroll sconces. Each element engraved with two crests; out of a ducal coronet or, a horse's hind-leg sa, the shoe arg and a lion rampant. Each fully marked to the handle, extinguishers, and sconces. (2)
Length – 17 cm / 7 inches
Weight – 857 grams / 27.55 ozt
The first crest is for Duncombe the second for Pauncefort
for Philip Duncombe Pauncefort-Duncombe (1784-1849), son of Major George Pauncefort of Witham (1745 - 1786) and Henrietta Digby (1745-1822). He was given the name of Philip Duncombe Pauncefort at birth but on the 29th July 1805 his name was legally changed to Philip Duncombe Pauncefort-Duncombe by Royal Licence. He held the office of High Sheriff of Buckinghamshire in 1824. He lived at Brick Hill, Buckinghamshire, England. His son was Sir Philip Duncombe Pauncefort-Duncombe (1818–1890), created 1st Baronet Pauncefort-Duncombe, of Great Brickhill Manor, co. Buckingham [U.K.] on 25th May 1859.
Sold for £1,500
Includes Buyer's Premium