We have an auction every Tuesday of the year, (excepting the two immediately around Christmas) – a Sunday / Monday viewing will be running on all Bank Holidays.
The saleroom is featured almost daily on television, with programmes such as Cash in the Attic, Dickinson’s Real Deal, Flog It!, and Bargain Hunt.
Why use Chiswick Auctions?
- Weekly auctions with weekend viewings and huge client base guarantee the best possible exposure for your goods. Together with online real time bidding, with quality photographs of lots, on specialist live bidding website www.the-saleroom.com/chiswick
- Regular specially advertised ‘fine’ sales for specialist and high value objects.
- Specialist departments – more specialists here than any other ‘small’ auction room in London, with specialist sales usually prior to normal weekly general sale – check calendar for relevant dates.
- This website! Being regularly viewed by thousands of clients searching to bid on just the item you have entered in sale.
- Unpretentious, helpful staff who are as interested to help you with Granny’s tea set, as handle your inherited Gainsborough.
- We can help with the entire contents of a property, selling the more humble objects as well as the more expensive. Where necessary we can arrange rubbish disposal too!
- Our own dedicated fleet of vans for collection and deliveries.
- We offer a small item postal service to assist our on-line bidders. Contact: email@example.com
What do we sell?
Although specialising in antiques, Chiswick Auctions sells a variety of goods including more modern items and designer goods. We will sell most items that have a value exceeding about £60.
What do we not sell?
Upholstered furniture made after 1950, regardless of original source MUST have a fire label indicating that it conforms to modern fire regulations BS7177, otherwise regrettably we cannot sell it by law.
We do not sell ivory objects.
Birds eggs are illegal to sell in the UK. Ivory and other wildlife products now fall under new legislation and are frequently problematic. At the very least ivory has to clearly be pre 1947 – talk to the auction room for more details as this is now a complicated field.
We cannot sell any offensive weapons that are not antique, and modern firearms must come from a vendor with a proven firearms licence.
In Spring 2014 we launched our first radio ad which appeared exclusively on LBC radio 97.3 fm.
The 30 second radio commercial uses the smooth voice of Ray Brooks famous actor, singer, entertainer (voice of 70’s children’s program Mr Benn) and local to Chiswick.
This broadcast awareness campaign is the start of a series of 4 which develop a similar theme across 2014.