We have an auction every Tuesday of the year, (excepting the two immediately around Christmas) - a Sunday / Monday viewing will be running even on Bank Holidays.
The saleroom is featured almost daily on television, with programmes such as Cash in the Attic, Dickinson’s Real Deal, Flog It!, and Bargain Hunt. With Tom’s own programme ‘House Gift’. The frequent television coverage has already helped to make the auctioneers surprisingly well known public figures and considerably increased the public’s knowledge of the saleroom.
A visit to the saleroom on sale day will invariably bring you into contact with celebrities including the presenters of Cash in the Attic, Jennie Bond, Angela Rippon, Chris Hollins and Gloria Hunniford. Not to mention the ‘Celebrity Cash in the Attic’ contestants.
Some of the celebrities we have had into our auction rooms are :
Michael Winner, Anne Diamond, Linda Robson, Toyah Wilcox, Bill Maynard, Peter Duncan, Bob Champion, Helen Lederer, Virginia Ironside, Roland Rivron, Bobby Davro, Sian LLoyd, Nicholas Parsons, David Emmanuel, Stirling Moss, Michael Barrymore, and John McCririck.
Why use Chiswick Auctions?
- Weekly auctions with weekend viewings and huge client base guarantee the best possible exposure for your goods.
- Bimonthly specially advertised ‘fine’ sales for specialist and high value objects. Together with online real time bidding, with quality photographs of lots, on specialist live bidding website www.the-saleroom.com/chiswick
- This website! Being regularly viewed by thousands of clients searching to bid on just the item you have entered in sale.
- Unpretentious, helpful staff who are as interested to help you with Granny’s tea set, as handle your inherited Gainsborough.
- We can help with the entire contents of a property, selling the more humble objects as well as the more expensive. Where necessary we can arrange rubbish disposal too!
- Our own dedicated fleet of vans for collection and deliveries.
- Specialist departments – more specialists here than any other ‘small’ auction room in London
What do we sell?
Although specialising in antiques, Chiswick Auctions sells a variety of goods including more modern items and designer goods. We will sell most items that have a value exceeding about £60.
What do we not sell?
Upholstered furniture made after 1950, regardless of original source MUST have a fire label indicating that it conforms to modern fire regulations BS7177, otherwise regrettably we cannot sell it by law.
Birds eggs are now illegal to sell in the UK.
We cannot sell any offensive weapons that are not antique, and modern firearms must come from a vendor with a proven firearms licence.