A George V Britannia standard silver treasury inkstand, London 1926 by Crichton Brothers
Of conventional form, rectangular form with moulded edges raised on four bun feet with hinged C scroll and knop handles. The top with a piano hinge to reveal a three-lid compartment to one side and one to the other. Fitted with two clear glass and silver collared ink wells. All fully and part-marked.
Length – 23.1 cm / 9.05 inches
Weighable silver weight – 1394 grams / 44.82 ozt
Treasury inkstands were first commissioned by the Lord Chamberlain on 13th May 1686 for use in the Treasury and the Privy Council.
Sold for £1,250
Includes Buyer's Premium