Lot 23 (Silver & Objects of Vertu, 30th October 2020)
An Edwardian sterling silver concertina cased set of butt markers, London 1905 by Asprey’s
of extending rectangular form, housing nine ivory sheaths with black Arabic numerals. The exterior of case engraved D.K from Jack, Cis, Cloche, Horace, Willy, Guy, the reverse Rossie Priory 1905. With ring attachment. Fully and part-marked.
Length – 4.6 cm / 1.75 inches
The initials are for Captain Douglas Arthur Kinnaird, Master of Kinnaird (1879-1914), son of Arthur Fitzgerald Kinnaird, 11th Baron Kinnaird (1847-1923) and Mary Alma Victoria Agnew (1854-1923), he was the great-grandson of Charles Noel, 1st Earl of Gainsborough (1781-1866).
Rossie Priory is a country house and estate to the north of Inchture, near the hamlets of Baledgarno and Knapp, Perthshire, Scotland. Designed by the architect William Atkinson in Regency Gothic Style in 1817 for Charles Kinnaird, 8th Lord Kinnaird (1780-1826).